Let’s get in touch:
- Thriving CEO's are those sharing their business journey with their ecosystem —@JeremyScrivens #socbiz #4IR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 38 minutes ago
- Best Business Partnerships are build on authentic conversations around shared values —@JeremyScrivens #socbiz #4IR… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Digital Transformation: navigating Nature vs. Nurture #digitaltransformation #digitaldisruption #CIO #IT #4IR https://t.co/mz0qmJ7zkr 2 hours ago
- The latest Bruno's Social Media Round-Up! paper.li/BrunoGebarski/… Thanks to @workingfuture1 @FindTimKung @bluagesoftware #custserv 2 hours ago
- Navigating Legacy: Charting the course to business value #digitaltransformation #digitaldisruption #CIO #IT #4IR https://t.co/pY5Yn47mrp 3 hours ago
- Autonomous cars: The anticipation is growing #robotics #digitaltransformation #digitaldisruption #CIO #4IR https://t.co/dK8rB4ljQu 4 hours ago
- IOT Security Market — Total Market in Million USD #IoT #digitaltransformation #digitaldisruption #IT #CIO #4IR https://t.co/LIolVSPcIZ 5 hours ago
Clouding & Searching"Content Curation" "Flickr search" Big data Branding Business intelligence BYOD Character CIO Cloud Cloud computing Cloud Storage Collaboration Communication Company Culture Content Marketing CRM Curated Curating Curation Customer Service CX CXM Digital Marketing E20 Employee Experience Engagement Enterprise 2.0 Enterprise Social Network ESN feeds Flickr Geopolitics Google Blog Search Google News Humility IaaS Inbound Marketing Info-graphics Innovation Integrity Leadership Marketing Media Middle East Mobile Technology Mobility Motivation NFC PaaS Personnel Radian6 RSS RSS Feeds SaaS Sales Salesforce SCRM Smartphone Social Business Social Business Strategy Social Culture Social Enterprise Social Enterprise Network Social Leadership Social Media Social Media Plan Social Media Strategy Software as a service Stress Syndication and Feeds Tony Hsieh Traditional Marketing Twitter Value Zappos
- BYOD Cloud Computing Content Content Curation Content Marketing Cross Functional Teambuilding Customer Experience Customer Service Digital Marketing E20 Enterprise Social Network HR Human Resources IaaS Inbound Marketing Innovation PaaS RSS Feeds SaaS Social Business Social Business Strategy Social Culture Social Enterprise Social Media Social Media Cloud Social Media Strategy Team Teambuilding Twitter
Welcome to my Blog
- 19,211 hits
- Internet of Things! A Social Digital Development or a Repressive Straitjacket about to Control Every “Thing”?
- Why Vision Should Be The Raison d’Être (Reason of Existence) For Any Business or Organization
- Change Management Seventy per Cent failure rate: Tech Failure or Human Malfunction?
- Simplest Way to Create Twitter RSS Feeds For Your Favorite Feed Reader
- „Change Fixes the Past. Transformation Creates the Future“
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- June 2010
Monthly Archives: July 2012
Why “big data”, and properly mining it with predictive Business Intelligence Tools, Should Already Drive Our Business Decisions
The data-mining gold rush goes on, but we are reaching new levels all the time as “big data” brothers grow. Data is everywhere but how do we filter the noise? It is called Business Intelligence“ data mining” with BI clients such as IBM, Teradata, Tableau offering SaaS services and out of he box programs to help us make sense of it all. But make sense of what? Let’s put things into perspective with a couple of facts nicely put together by Business Intelligence vendor DOMO: Every minute of the day, 48 Hours of uploaded YouTube videos, 2.000K Google search queries, 571 websites are created, 700K users share a piece of content on Facebook, 100K Twits sent. Apple receives 47K App downloads … and the list goes on for much more!
Read this carefully: according Birst’s blogue: “By the end of the decade, given the plummeting prices thanks to Moore’s Law, digital sensors will be almost free and embedded in the world in numbers that will make even those consumer product numbers look tiny. . . and all are going to be compiling data on the world and everything taking place in it. This means that, as busy as the digital world is now, by then we’ll likely be spewing out a year’s worth of today’s data in an hour”..
At the time of their IPO process, Facebook made public that they themselves were already moving 20 terabytes of data every day! Marketers and decision makers need specific tools in order to find out, as Market Samurai puts it, the mots significant gold-nuggets and bits of strategic information in order to make the appropriate business decisions don’t you think? But as Birst writes on its blog: “As for the old IBM’s and Oracle’s: if they don’t adapt, they will be reduced to becoming niche, high-end data specialists. Who needs a gold pan, especially one made of real gold, when you have to find four nuggets of gold in an Everest of rock and dirt”.
Being able to find the right BI tool, filter an over-crowded data universe and locate this little “je ne sais quoi” has become a matter of business survival! This tiny gold nugget of data will hopefully be transformed into an invaluable marketing strategy or product novelty, which in turn could change our ever growing business acumen for the better but unfortunately also for the worst!
Which BI tools are you using or considering acquiring for your company or clients? What is your decision making process? How do you pick up a vendor?